April 10-12 with Focus on Financial Inclusion, Uplifting the “Invisible Class”
Arianna Huffington (Thrive Global), Ajay Banga (CEO of Mastercard),
Lisa Borders (President WNBA), and Max Levchin (Co-Founder PayPal) and More To Speak At The 2017 Hope Global Forum.
Annual meeting bringing together leaders and innovators from around the world to collaborate on empowering communities and creating a sustainable economy through job creation and education
Global financial dignity nonprofit Operation HOPE, Inc. will host the HOPE Global Forums Annual Meeting in Atlanta, April 10-12, 2017 at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis. Now the largest gathering of global thought leaders and influencers focused exclusively on
financial inclusion and the empowerment of the poor, the Forum will foster critical dialogue to help elevate underserved communities across the nation and around the world.
With the theme “Uplifting the Invisible Class,” the 2017 HOPE Global Forum will challenge delegates to outline a vision for a new, global economy-where the poor, underserved and dislocated middle class are viewed as untapped assets for entrepreneurship, job creation and economic growth. Forum co-chairs include Phil Griffin, president of MSNBC; Arianna Huffington, founder of The Huffington Post, and founder and CEO of Thrive Global; and civil rights icon Ambassador Andrew Young.
“In a short period of time, our annual meeting has become THE place to be for those committed to the cause of expanding opportunities for underserved communities,” said Operation HOPE founder, chairman, and CEO John Hope Bryant. “This year, we will extend our focus on mapping out a plan for inclusive economics-integrating ideas from finance, philanthropy, entertainment, government and beyond to develop a blueprint that can be activated for every community segment in every corner of the globe.”
The agenda is available here. Key sessions include:
- The Economics of Identity: Why It Matters – How does personal identity, poverty, discrimination influence the economic choices people make, their aspirations, or self-imposed limitations?
- Poverty and Inequality: Persistent Challenges, Threats to Stability and New Solutions – Despite decades of public and private sector intervention, persistent poverty remains entrenched in the U.S. and other developed countries and is coupled with rising income inequality. What can be done to ensure that real opportunities exist for people at all socioeconomic levels and where will they come from?
- Fueling Entrepreneurship – Given the importance of the start-up, how can we better identify budding entrepreneurs and help them thrive?
- Vocational Education: Building the Next Middle Class – What public and private resources should be dedicated to increase access to technical education, offering the promise to build a new middle class?
- Unlocking the Economic Value of an Aging Workforce – With 70% of experienced professionals planning to work during retirement, how can they be absorbed into an already competitive job market?
The HOPE Global Forums, a key initiative of global financial dignity and economic empowerment nonprofit Operation HOPE, Inc., is a community of events designed to galvanize leadership towards building an economy that works for everyone. This is accomplished through a series of carefully curated thought leadership events, digital engagement, research, writings and public policy.
This year’s speakers include:
∙ Ajay Banga, President and CEO, Mastercard
∙ Jane Wurwand, Co-Founder and Chief Visionary, Dermalogica and The International Dermal Institute
∙ Jan Jones Blackhurst, Executive Vice President, Communications, Government Relations & Corporate Responsibility, Ceasars Entertainment Corporation
∙ Jim Clifton, CEO, Gallup
∙ Lisa Borders, President, Women’s National Basketball Association
∙ Max Levchin, Co-Founder, PayPal; Founder and CEO, Affirm
∙ Nandita Bakhshi, President and CEO, Bank of the West
∙ Tony Schwartz, CEO, The Energy Project
∙ Governor Tim Pawlenty, CEO and President, Financial Services
∙ Vicente Fox, former president of Mexico
Registration details and information on session topics and speakers is accessible at www.hopeglobalforums.org