Whoo Lord! Aren’t you glad your name isn’t Bill Cosby these days?
It seems the hits against the 77-year-old legendary entertainer just keep on comin’ … and he’s still not responding to them.
The latest is from former “America’s Next Top Model” judge Janice Dickinson, who is claiming that Cosby sexually assaulted her in 1982.
On Tuesday, Dickinson, now 59, told “Entertainment Tonight” that her first encounter with the funnyman took place when her agent set up a meeting with him for a potential role on “The Cosby Show.” After that, she claims the next time she heard from him was when she was in rehab for drugs and alcohol. When she was released, she says Cosby reached out to her while she was on a trip to Bali andtold her to get to Lake Tahoe because he basically wanted to offer her the job they spoke about as well as help her with her singing career.
Dickinson claims she and Cosby had dinner in Lake Tahoe, and then he gave her a glass of red wine and a pill, which she asked for because she was on her period and had stomach pains.
“The next morning I woke up, and I wasn’t wearing my pajamas, and I remember before I passed out that I had been sexually assaulted by this man,” Dickinson said. “Before I woke up in the morning, the last thing I remember was Bill Cosby in a patchwork robe, dropping his robe and getting on top of me. And I remember a lot of pain. The next morning I remember waking up with my pajamas off and there was semen in between my legs.”
Dickinson says she’s coming forward now because she believes all the other women who have come forth with similar allegations.
“I’m doing this because it’s the right thing to do, and it happened to me, and this is the true story,” she says about coming out with her painful revelation. “I believe all the other women.”
Dickinson says that keeping the sexual assault silent for 32 years was devastatingly painful.
“Stuffing feelings of rape and my unresolved issued with this incident has drove me into a life of trying to hurt myself because I didn’t have counsel and I was afraid,” she said. “I was afraid of the consequences. I was afraid of being labeled a whore or a slut and trying to sleep my way to the top of a career that never took place.”
With Dickinson’s allegations, she’s the 15th woman to accuse the Cosby of sexual assault and he’s still not responding, on the advice of his lawyer, John P. Schmitt.
“Over the last several weeks, decade-old, discredited allegations against Mr. Cosby have resurfaced. The fact that they are being repeated does not make them true.”
Hold up! It looks like Dickinson is not going to get the last word, so to speak. Cosby’s other attorney is firing back, calling the claims an “outrageous defamatory lie.”
In a letter to TheWrap, attorney Marty Singer, cited a passage from Dickinson’s autobiography and a 2002 interview with the New York Observer, in which Dickinson purportedly claimed that Cosby “blew her off” after dinner because she didn’t sleep with him.
“Her new story claiming that she had been sexually assaulted is a defamatory fabrication,” Singer said in the letter.
Meanwhile, there even more bad news for the “I Spy” star. Netflix has backed away from its planned Bill Cosby comedy special in light of the ongoing allegations of sexual assault. The comedy special “Bill Cosby 77” was set to premiere over the Thanksgiving holiday.
“At this time we are postponing the launch of the new stand up special ‘Bill Cosby 77,’” a Netflix spokesperson said in a statement.
Read more at https://www.eurweb.com/2014/11/no-15-janice-dickinson-accuses-bill-cosby-of-sexual-assault-watch/#wJYp3HvIWvOhWI1S.99