You have one more day to lock up your spot for the Nov. 6 general election.
Tuesday Oct. 7 is the last day to register to vote.
Absentee ballots already have been mailed to people across the state who requested them. Early voting begins at select locations Oct. 15.
Along with the presidential election, there 14 Senate and 43 House seats up for grabs in the state legislature.
Voters will also decide whether or not to amend the state constitution regarding control over the authorization of charter schools and how the state may rent buildings for its use.
Anyone can confirm their voter registration status online through the Georgia secretary of state’s website (www.sos.ga.gov). The site also provides access to applications, other instructions about how to register and information about where counties will host early voting sites.
For the last presidential election four years ago, 5.7 million voters — or about 71 percent — of the state’s eligible voting-age residents 18 and older were registered. That matched the 2008 national average.
- Congrats! ‘LHHATL’ Lovebirds Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Secretly Eloped
- You Be The Judge: Michael Jackson Hologram At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Why are law enforcement officials out of control?!?
- Diddy, Kevin Hart, Drake, Lupita, others celebrate Memorial Day weekend
- Jay Z and Beyonce 'Run' with Sean Penn and Blake Lively