Director Tyler Perry was the keynote speaker at the Urban Entrepreneurship Forum on Friday, Aug. 5, hosted by the White House Business Council and Mayor Kasim Reed. During the forum, 10 Atlanta-based entrepreneurs had the opportunity to participate in a 60-Second Business Pitch hosted by 100 Urban Entrepreneurs (www.100UrbanEntrepreneurs.org), a nonprofit organization dedicated to providing entrepreneurial assistance to those from economically distressed and/or disadvantaged groups. The winner will receive $10,000 in startup financing and eight-weeks of business mentoring.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month