Lakisha Brown has been natural for four years. She achieves her curls with a no-fuss routine that allows her three different styles over the course of one week.
She achieves her look by first washing and shampooing her hair. She then let’s her hair air dry for about two days.
Once her hair is dry enough, she uses Pampered Pretty Parfait (created by Corene Gardner, another Real Girls, Real Curls feature!) to two-strand twist her hair. Lakisha then leaves her hair in the twists for two days. After she untwists them — voila:
She keeps her curls super defined by not picking them apart when she untwists her hair. To prevent frizz, untwist the hair in the same direction you twisted them (twist all the pieces clockwise so it’s easy to remember to untwist counter-clockwise), and make sure you have a little product on your fingers so it’s not rough on your follicles.
Lakisha also shared the best natural hair tip she has received: “Make sure to deep condition your hair and keep your hair moisturized. Moisture is key, ladies.”
Moisturized hair prevents breakage, promotes growth, and keeps that healthy shine.
We here at #TeamBeautiful celebrate our natural hair sistahs! Submit your natural hair to ContactHelloBeautiful@gmail.com for a chance to be featured! When submitting, please don’t forget to include the following:
1. Two photos of your hair on fleek. (CLEAR, high res images, please! Everyone is going to see these!)
2. What product you used to achieve the look.
3. How you achieved the look.
4. How long you have been natural.
5. The best natural hair care tip you have received.
6. Add a couple tidbits about yourself, i.e. where you’re from, age, hobbies, career, etc.
We look forward to seeing all of your beautiful hair photos!