The athleisure trend is here to stay and I don’t want you to get left behind. Leggings are the new denim. In fact, jean sales are down six percent year-over-year, according to NPD Group. So go ahead and invest in a “great” pair now beauties. You will wear them beyond your workouts, promise. And since I have no clue when the last time I wore jeans, I’m going to show you just how to do it.
If you don’t have a pair of black leggings that can swing both ways – from your workout to a night out – then I have two pair just for you beauties. I had your budget in mind, so first up the splurge. The Perfect Core Legging ($108) from Lucy Activewear is definitely appropriately named since this pair is truly perfect for any workout and/or night out. Just like your favorite premium skinny jeans these babies come in short, tall and regular length, so yeah, “hello perfect fit.” Speaking of fit, the mesh lining inside the waistband keeps everything tucked in all while reminding you to engage your core. Doesn’t get anymore perfect than this girls.
So you aren’t ready to drop over $100 bucks on stretch pants…fine. My friends over at Fabletics have got you covered since their Salar Legging is beyond incredible, especially for the price. At $64.95 ($34.95 if you’re VIP) this fab black legging can stretch four ways (read you can squat it like it’s hot and drop it like it’s hot without exposing your goodies) and they are chafe-resistant. Great news for us non thigh gap having ladies. Speaking of which, the high waistband is flattering on many shapes too, so get ready to buy all the many other colors this well made pair comes in.
No matter the pair you dare to wear – all you need now is a killer heel, a drapey top like the one I’m wearing from Vimmia, some rockstar accessories and you are ready to hit the town as one comfy cutie.
Sporty yet sexy is easy to achieve once you own a jogger beauties. So with that said, in my opinion, the best pair out there is at Athleta. Their City Jogger Pant ($89) is sized with your individual style in mind since they come in number sizes not letters (because athletic wear or not, everyone knows a 6 fits better than a medium). Plus the length options are specific too. With petite, regular and tall all on deck no more worrying about not showing enough (or too much ankle).
Pair these feather light relaxed fit knickers with a pretty pump, a bright colored top and a bubbly cocktail. Cheers to more nights out looking hip while you sip sis.
Sexy Shades Of Grey
The only whip in this look will be the whiplash all the fellas on the block will experience when you strut by in the Pleated Band Pant ($122) from Vimmia. The light weight compression in this legging hugs your legs, hips and calves in a way that your lower body will literally crave daily. True story. I wear mine so much nowadays it is silly. The wide pleated waistband is too cute for words and let’s not even talk about the side deep pockets. Nothing beats being able to slide your smartphone in and out stat for instant selfie opportunities ladies.
So slip on this polished pair, head out for a night out and get ready to dance your heart out.
Not Your Basic Black Leggings
Nothing screams I love my body more than a bold printed legging girls. So step out with your quads out in the Copra Cabana print Two Toned Legging ($65) from Onzie. Party in the front, business in the back and complete RADness all around. This legging is the perfect pair for the FitGirl who is trying to take baby steps away from her all black bottoms all the time.
Unleash your bold side, throw on some bright colored comfy kicks, your favorite jean jacket and run those errands in style lady.
Robbie Ann Darby (RAD Experience) is a professional FitGirl, Group Fitness Instructor and Personal Trainer in NYC. Follow her sweaty life on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram for more fun health and fitness tips!
20 Gift Ideas To Help You Jumpstart Your BFF's Fitness New Year's Resolutions In Style
1. The Best Gifts For That Fit, Fierce & Fashion Forward BeautySource:www.RADexperience.com 1 of 21
2. Bundle Up With Alo YogaSource:www.RADexperience.com 2 of 21
3. Layer Up With LucySource:www.RADexperience.com 3 of 21
4. Outshine With ObermeyerSource:www.RADexperience.com 4 of 21
5. Look Lovely With LululemonSource:www.RADexperience.com 5 of 21
6. Cuddle Up With C9 At Target6 of 21
7. Open Up With OnzieSource:www.RADexperience.com 7 of 21
8. Make Moves With MizunoSource:www.RADexperience.com 8 of 21
9. Step Out In Six:02Source:www.RADexperience.com 9 of 21
10. Nonstop Fun With Nine WestSource:www.RADexperience.com 10 of 21
11. Set Out in SorelSource:www.RADexperience.com 11 of 21
12. Load Things Up With LolëSource:www.RADexperience.com 12 of 21
13. Snack On It With PackItSource:www.RADexperience.com 13 of 21
14. Multitask With Multi FlaskSource:www.RADexperience.com 14 of 21
15. Fashion Forward In FashleticsSource:www.RADexperience.com 15 of 21
16. Fierce And Fit With FitbitSource:www.RADexperience.com 16 of 21
17. Be Bold & Beautiful With ByttenSource:www.RADexperience.com 17 of 21
18. Clearer Skin With ClarisonicSource:www.RADexperience.com 18 of 21
19. Fall In Love With Love Bri ProductsSource:www.RADexperience.com 19 of 21
20. Flawless Lips With FreshSource:www.RADexperience.com 20 of 21
21. Pack Things Up With ParcelSource:www.fromparcel.com 21 of 21
Jeans are so last season: We want leggings forever please was originally published on hellobeautiful.com