As a Gospel artist, singing and songwriting flow freely from Corey Barksdale, but his heart is also strongly attached to empowering others within the community. His commitment to the community is linked directly with his new song “Persona”, a theme song of identity, inspiring others to become nothing less than who God created them to be.
Recently during the month of May, Corey was invited to join the 100 Positive Black Men program in Chicago, IL, sponsored by Chicago Public School, Daniel S. Wentworth Elementary.
While connecting with youth and other community leaders during the 100 Positive Black Men program, Corey was afforded the opportunity to also join men from the Chicago area on Sunday, June 15th for the “Million Man Prayer” initiative outdoor event.
As father’s and men are celebrated this week across the country, the “Million Man Prayer” initiative will celebrate fathers on Father’s Day and stand in prayer for the City of Chicago, the country and our nation to Stop the Violence and to Bring our daughters back.
On June 15th, Corey Barksdale will join community leaders, city officials, pastors, artists and musicians for the “Million Man Prayer” as they gather to pray in the historic Washington Park of Chicago, 5531 S. King Drive from 12:00pm – 4:00pm.
Take a listen to Corey’s musical gift below and be inspired:
Make sure that you check out these great related stories:
- Prayers Up for Gospel Icon Andrae Crouch
- BEHIND-THE-PRAISE: Bishop Paul S. Morton: “So Many People Are Disappointed In The Preacher”
- Gospel Star’s Ex-Wife Takes To Social Media To Call Husband Out
- Deitrick Haddon Shares Cutest Heartwarming Moment Ever ! [VIDEO]
- William McDowell Opens Heart And Soul And Invites You In: ‘Nothing In Service Is About You.’
- Who Knew? Leandria Johnson Lands A Talk Show?