As sad as this next statement is, it’s the truth. If you are a black person, being followed around a store while shopping is almost a rite of passage. It happens all of the time and little has been donee to change it. Since the negative effects of shopping while black have been brought back to the headlines thanks to actor Rob Brown‘s Macy’s experience and the whole Barney’s debacle, ABC’s news program “20/20″ did an experiment to see how everyday people would react when faced with blatant racial profiling.
Not only did the television show set up the routine hidden cameras and hire actors to set the scene, “20/20″ also brought in famed fashion CEO and star of the hit reality show “Shark Tank” Daymond John along for the ride. After watching a few people’s reactions to the black actor being racially profiled in a high-end store in New York City, John went undercover and found that times certainly have not changed when it comes to the treatment of black customers in stores.
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!
Check the video out below.
READ MORE HOT TELEVISION NEWS COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY.COM:
Black Actors Killing It On TV
1. Columbus ShortSource: 1 of 14
2. Malik YobaSource: 2 of 14
3. Kerry WashingtonSource: 3 of 14
4. Omar EppsSource: 4 of 14
5. Anthony Anderson And Tempestt BledsoeSource: 5 of 14
6. Danai GuriraSource: 6 of 14
7. Thandie NewtonSource: 7 of 14
8. Meagan GoodSource: 8 of 14
9. Laz AlonsoSource: 9 of 14
10. Mahershala AliSource: 10 of 14
11. Giancarlo EspositoSource: 11 of 14
12. CommonSource: 12 of 14
13. Eamonn WalkerSource: 13 of 14
14. Chad ColemanSource: 14 of 14
“Shark Tank” Star Goes Undercover & Gets Racially Profiled [VIDEO] was originally published on theurbandaily.com