According to People, Scandal star Columbus Short is doing a lot. He’s allegedly working on a new album with the likes of; BJ McKnight, Musiq Soulchild, YG and Brandy to name a few. Short was recently promoting his new single “Gave You,” off his upcoming album when he spoke to People about his current situation.
Unfortunately what he doesn’t appear to be doing is preparing himself for the very serious charges hurled against him by his estranged wife Tuere Tanee Short.
As we previously reported, Tuere has accused the ‘gladiator” of recently pinning her down, holding a knife to her and threatening to kill them both. This on the heels of his bar fight where he allegedly beat the brakes off of a mutual family friend and also is said to have beaten on his wife more than once. On one occasion he reportedly beat on Tuere in front of their two children to the the point of traumatizing the kids.
People reports that Short spoke on his current situation by saying,
“To be honest with you, I’m feeling raw, focused, vulnerable and in a perfect place to write great music. God’s been preparing me for a long time to deal with this season of my life. Being able to have thick skin is something that is needed.
Short claims he doesn’t read what the press has to say about his current situation. Said Columbus,
You want to know the truth? I don’t read anything. I don’t read the good stuff and I don’t read the bad stuff, because if I read the good stuff, I’ve got to read the bad stuff. I don’t allow myself to make agreements with nonsense so I just don’t take it in. I block it and I make sure my team knows, don’t even show me stuff – because unless it’s real, I don’t even want to see it, I don’t even want to talk about it, because you never know where stuff is coming from and you make an agreement with a lie.”
But here’s the kicker, it’s not just music with Short…oh no he’s got other plans in the works for what he wants to do with himself. He’s apparently decided to start a clothing line as well! Says Short,
“I’m trying to do a line for Middle America – those gladiators out there who want to dress like Harrison [Wright], but can’t afford it. There’s a way to do it. Back in the day, black young men felt like a million dollars with a haircut and a suit jacket, so that’s all we need, so that’s what my focus is.”
Somehow. we are going to bet that his attorney, his publicist and his employer are all wishing that his “focus” was on the legal matters at hand…call it a hunch!
29 Awesome "Scandal" Quotes
1. Huck vs QuinnSource:Instagram 1 of 22
2. Rowan and OliviaSource:Instagram 2 of 22
3. Rowan PopeSource:Instagram 3 of 22
4. Olivia PopeSource:Disney ABC Television Group 4 of 22
5. HuckSource:Instagram 5 of 22
6. David RosenSource:Instagram 6 of 22
7. Quinn PerkinsSource:Getty 7 of 22
8. Cyrus and FitzSource:Instagram 8 of 22
9. Sally LangstonSource:Getty 9 of 22
10. FitzSource:Getty 10 of 22
11. James and CyrusSource:Instagram 11 of 22
12. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 12 of 22
13. MellieSource:Instagram 13 of 22
14. HarrisonSource:Getty 14 of 22
15. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 15 of 22
16. AbbySource:Instagram 16 of 22
17. JakeSource:Getty 17 of 22
18. Olivia PopeSource:Getty 18 of 22
19. HuckSource:Getty 19 of 22
20. AbbySource:Instagram 20 of 22
21. LivSource:ABC Courtesy 21 of 22
22. Liv and FitzSource:Getty 22 of 22
READ MORE HOT ENTERTAINMENT COVERAGE ON THEURBANDAILY
Like TheUrbanDaily.com on Facebook to stay updated with the latest entertainment news and original interviews!