Rihanna seems to be taking her acting bug seriously and is using her voice to prove it. The superstar is the voice of a lead character in a 3D computer-animated Pixar film, “Home,” a tale that’s based on Adam Rex’s children’s book The True Meaning of Smekday. Set in post-apocalyptic world, the movie is about a Black girl named Tip — voiced by the singer – who becomes the accomplice of an alien named Oh, that belongs to an alien race that took over Earth. If there’s any indication from the movie’s synopsis, “Home” will be a fun film!
When Earth is taken over by the overly-confident Boov, an alien race in search of a new place to call home, all humans are promptly relocated, while the Boov get busy efficiently reorganizing the planet. But when one resourceful girl, Tip, (Rihanna) manages to avoid capture, she finds herself the accidental accomplice of a banished Boov by the name of Oh (Jim Parsons). Equally stubborn and set in their ways, these two fugitives realize there’s a lot more at stake than intergalactic relations as they embark on the road trip of a lifetime. Good thing they have a flying car.
In addition to acting in the film, Rihanna, who lent her star power to “Battleship” in 2012, is reportedly creating a concept album based on kid-friendly film. She isn’t the only star attached to the film, though. Jennifer Lopez will be the voice of Tip’s mother and Steve Martin is voicing Captain Smek, the Boov alien race’s leader. “Home” is scheduled to be released on Nov. 26, but Disney already released its prequel, “Almost Home,” in theaters earlier this year.
Considering we rarely see animated films with Black characters in theaters, let alone spunky Black female lead characters, we’re extremely excited about this one. It should also be interesting to hear Rihanna’s bad girl attitude animated.
Check out the prequel to the film below:
2014 MTV Movie Awards: The Best & Worst Dressed
1. 2014 MTV Movie Awards: The Best & Worst Dressed1 of 12
2. Nicki Minaj in Alexander McQueen2 of 12
3. Lupita Nyong'o in Chanel3 of 12
4. Rihanna in Ulyana Sergeenko4 of 12
5. Zendaya in Emanuel Unagro5 of 12
6. Christine Teigen in Ulyana Sergeenko6 of 12
7. Iggy Azalea in John Galliano7 of 12
8. Amber Stevens in Vivienne Westwood8 of 12
9. Brandon T. Jackson and Denise Marie Xavier9 of 12
10. Jessica Alba in a Kenzo Skirt and Piece D’anarchive Top10 of 12
11. Kat Graham in Roberto Cavalli11 of 12
12. Rita Ora in Barbara Casasola12 of 12
PASS THE POPCORN: Rihanna To Star In Fierce New Film Role [VIDEO] was originally published on hellobeautiful.com