Multiple explosive devices detonated at Michigan schools [VIDEO]

Multiple Explosive Devices Explode At Michigan Middle, High Schools [VIDEO]Multiple Explosive Devices Explode At Michigan Middle, High Schools [VIDEO]Multiple Explosive Devices Explode At Michigan Middle, High Schools [VIDEO]


A  middle school and a high school  in Bangor, Michigan were placed on lock down on Friday, April, 19, 2013, after at least 2 explosives detonated inside of the schools, reports[1]
Parents allegedly received automated alerts that “at least three explosive devices” had detonated and rushed to pick up their children:

“She doesn’t want to go but she’s coming home,” “said Pamela Lowe, as she waited for her daughter, a 10th grader at the high school.

Authorities have not confirmed a third device.
Bangor Public Schools Superintendent Ron Parker said that the simple devices — known as “works” or “pop bombs” — were created using drain cleaner and aluminum in soda bottles.

“It wasn’t a big explosion,” Parker recalled. “The locker didn’t even open.”

The lock down was lifted by 11:30 A.M. and a 15-year-old student was taken into custody.
According to MLIVE[4], the student is a special needs boy who claims that he planted the devices on a dare from another student:

“There’s no doubt who did it and he readily admitted it,” Parker said.

The teen has been taken into custody and charged with 4 felonies — “two counts each of placement of explosives involving a vulnerable target and placing an offensive substance with intent to alarm,” Van Buren County Chief Assistant Prosecutor Keith Robinson n a statement.
According to Robinson, an adult would face up to 20 years if found guilty, but the teen will be tried as a juvenile, so he faces up to 5 years.
The explosions largely flew under the radar yesterday as the dramatic events in Watertown, Massachusetts led to the arrest of Boston Marathon bomb suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, 19.
As previously reported by NewsOne[5], after a close to a 24 hour massive manhunt, Tsarnaev was captured after having been holed up in a boat in a backyard in Watertown. After the FBI’s stay inside warning was lifted, a man went outside of his home and discovered Tsarnaev, in the tarp-covered boat in his backyard and called 911. A helicopter using heat imaging technology confirmed that there was a live body on the boat.

Read more

About Post Author


From the Web

Skip to content
Verified by MonsterInsights