ACTOR / COMEDIAN ANTHONY ANDERSON TO HOST FIRST EVER BET EXPERIENCE GOSPEL CHOIR SHOWCASE
BET Networks in partnership with AEG continue to add once-in-a-lifetime experiences to their highly anticipated BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-Cola June 27 – 29, 2014 with the BET Experience Fan Fest, America’s largest free fan festival celebrating music, entertainment and culture. This one-of-a-kind event will offer fans three days of exclusive access to some of the hottest events and performances by some of today’s top charting artists. OutKast, Maxwell, Jill Scott, Mary J. Blige, Rick Ross, A$AP Rocky, Trey Songz, Jennifer Hudson, K.Michelle, Marsha Ambrosus, August Alsina, Candice Glover and Ty Dolla $ign are all performing concerts at STAPLES Center, throughout the weekend.
In addition to the concerts and the “BET Awards,” the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-ColaÒ will feature a free BET Experience Fan Fest, an interactive free expo being held in the South Hall of the Los Angeles Convention Center from non to 9 p.m. on Saturday June 28and Sunday June 29. Attendees will be able to engage in a number free activities across the L.A. LIVE campus and the LACC including:
- “106 & PARK” Live: BET’s “106 & PARK” brings the livest audience to their exclusive stage in Nokia Plaza L.A. LIVE throughout the weekend with free musical performances, new talent showcases and celebrity appearances.
o Friday, June 27, 3 – 5 pm – presented by Target
o Saturday, June 28, 3 – 5 pm – presented by Coca-ColaÒ
- BET and Centric Pavilion: Sneak peek of upcoming network programming, free giveaways, and the chance to get up close and personal with the stars of BET & Centric shows.
o Saturday and Sunday, June 28 – 29, 12 – 9 pm
- Acoustically Speaking: A special showcase highlighting the artistry of talented singer/songwriters who have a knack for demonstrating their unique abilities in an intimate performance setting. After their performance each artist will share their personal musical journeys with the audience.
o Saturday, June 28, 1 – 6:30 pm
- Theatre, LACC: Hosted by Big Tigger; Artists confirmed to date include Stacy Barthe, Faith Evans, Alice Smith and Tank with more to be added.
- Music Matters presented by Nissan: Showcases of emerging artists who are a part of the BET Music Matters initiative include:
o Saturday, June 28, 3 – 4:30 pm
- BETX Main Stage, South Hall, LACC: Eric Bellinger, Rico Love and Mack Wilds and more
o Sunday, June 29, 1 – 3:00 pm
- BETX Main Stage, South Hall, LACC: Jonathan McReynolds, Roman GianArthur, Tiara Thomas, Lacrae and Elle Varner
- Centric Certified: Experience the Centric brand, from old school to new school, living legends to modern classics. Musical guests include:
o Saturday, June 28, 4:30 – 6 pm
- BETX Main Stage, South Hall, LACC: Warren G., Sebastian Mikael and Daley
o Sunday, June 29, 12 – 1 pm
- BETX Main Stage, South Hall, LACC: Eric Benet & Calvin Richardson and Liv Warfield
- Gospel Choir Showcase hosted by Anthony Anderson: Prominent Los Angeles area churches will be featured in an uplifting showcase featuring five top choirs.
o Saturday, June 28, 7 pm
- BETX Main Stage, South Hall, LACC: West Angeles Church of God in Christ, Faithful Central Bible Church, City of Refuge Church, Greater Zion Church and Antioch Church of Long Beach will be the choirs participating in this year’s showcase.
#BETInstaStar Contest presented by Coca-ColaÒ launched May 5, 2014.
This year, the Ultimate Fan Contest has been revamped and replaced with the #BETInstaStar Contest presented by Coca-ColaÒ. Fans will be able to post 15 second videos of themselves to Instagram with the hashtag #BETInstaStar for their chance to win:
- A trip to NYC to compete for the Grand Prize LIVE on “106 & PARK” as a semi-finalist on June 16, 2014
- $2,500 cash prize
- Video-enabled device to capture their experience
- An all-expense paid trip for 2 to the “BET Awards” in Los Angeles to co-present the Coca-Cola Viewers’ Choice Award on stage and serve as a #BETInstaStar Correspondent, interviewing celebrities throughout the weekend, with content posted on BET.com. The entry phase for #BETInstaStar ends May 19th.
Single day tickets and 3-day package for STAPLES Center and Club Nokia concerts are all on-sale now. Single day STAPLES Center tickets are priced starting at $59.50, $99.50 and $149.50. The 3-day STAPLES Center Concert ticket packages are $199, $299 and $399. Tickets for the Club Nokia shows are on-sale now with prices ranging from $25 to $79.50. Tickets can be purchased at www.betexperience.com or at www.AXS.com
To have exclusive access to the best seats and roll like a true VIP throughout the weekend, a limited number of VIP Packages are available. Both the Gold and Diamond VIP Packages include the only public access to purchasing “BET Awards” tickets. Get the best of everything with the Diamond Package that includes hospitality throughout the weekend, a special “BET Awards” red carpet experience and much more! Visit betexperience.com/VIP for more information.
All information about the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-ColaÒ can be found at BETExperience.com. Guests can purchase tickets and sign up for the BET Experience at L.A. LIVE presented by Coca-ColaÒ newsletter to receive updates and announcements before they are available to the general public. Follow the Experience on Twitter @betexperience.