Join the Small Business Revolution as BLACK ENTERPRISE holds its 2014 Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo hosted by Nationwide Insurance on Wednesday, May 14 through Saturday, May 17, at the Hyatt Regency Columbus in Columbus, Ohio, with a powerhouse line-up of some of the nation’s most accomplished and celebrated entrepreneurs.
An annual highlight of the conference is the presentation of the nation’s top awards for African American business achievement and community involvement. The B.E. Community Empowerment Award which recognizes outstanding achievement of an individual dedicated to the economic empowerment of communities, as a champion of entrepreneurship and business growth, employment opportunities and wealth creation for African Americans, will be presented to civil rights activist and founder of Rainbow/PUSH, Reverend Jesse Jackson at the BE 100s Dinner on Friday, May 16, at the Hyatt Regency Columbus.
The Black Enterprise Trailblazer Award which will also be awarded at the BE 100s celebration and awards dinner, will be presented to Don Jackson, Chairman and CEO, Central City Production, Inc. Mr. Jackson will be recognized for his pioneering and sustained achievement in business with broad and positive impact on both his industry as well as the community at large. Central City Production produces the Stella Awards annually and works in partnership with Black Enterprise for the production of the Black Enterprise Business Report and Our World with Black Enterprise which are nationally syndicated.
The 2014 Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo boasts high-powered sessions on critical business topics such as Winning Corporate Clients, Finding Angel Investors, Social Media Marketing, Franchising, Doing Business in Africa, Business Coaching, Generating Cash for your Start-up, Using Mobile Marketing, Using Search Engine Optimization to Sell Your Goods and How to do Business with the Government.
Confirmed speakers include:
- T. D. Jakes, CEO, T.D. Jakes Enterprises
- Rev. Jesse Jackson, Founder Rainbow/PUSH
- Valerie Daniels Carter, Co- Founder, President & CEO, V&J Holdings
- Rodney Sampson, author of Kingonomics
- Amanda Miller Littlejohn, Personal Brand Strategist, AML Consulting
- Necole Parker, CEO Elocen Group
- Paul Judge, CEO, Judge Ventures, Co-founder Opportunity Ventures
- Michael Stone, Founder & Executive Director, Professional Athlete Franchise Initiative
- Edgar Smith, Founder, Chairman & CEO, World Pac Paper
- Rumia Burbank, President, VMS365
- Frantz Tiffeau, Director, Supplier Diversity, Nationwide Insurance
- Lisa Ascolese, President, Inventing A to Z
- Miriam Brewer, Director of Education & Diversity, International Franchise Association
- Kevin Hicks, Partner, Blackman & Associates
- Douglas Guy, Peer Africa
- Karl Turner, Founder ALC Foods
- Candace Shiver, MBDA
- Julia Wilson, CEO of Wilson Global Communications
- Felicia Hatcher, Owner, Feverish Gourmet Popsicles
- Arsha Jones, Proprietor, Capital City LLC( Capital City Mumbo Sauce)
- Ulysses Bridgeman, Jr., Manna Inc.,
- Eugene Cornelius, Deputy Associate Administrator, Field Operations, SBA
For the aspiring entrepreneur, The Small Business Success™ Bootcamp offers practical advice on how to take your business to the next level. Plus, the Black Enterprise Elevator Pitch Competition will award $10,000 for the best new business idea. The producers of the ABC reality series Shark Tank will also be holding open casting during the Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference + Expo in their search to discover the next successful enterprise.
For the 2014 event, Black Enterprise has again partnered with Real Times Media’s Who’s Who Publishing Company—headquartered in Columbus—to heighten the profile of the annual conference and extend its impact.
“Black Enterprise is pleased to partner with Who’s Who Publishing in our return to Columbus for our annual Entrepreneurs Conference.” said Alfred Edmond Jr., SVP & chief content officer at Black Enterprise “As a media partner for the past two years, Who’s Who has worked with Black Enterprise to bring awareness of our annual conference and the benefits it provides local Ohioans, we look forward to another successful conference and successful partnership with the Who’s Who organization.”
“The Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference and Expo is a perfect match for the professionals we touch through our Who’s Who network,” said Carter D. Womack, chief operating officer, Who’s Who Publishing. “As a partner for the 2014 event we are excited to work with Black Enterprise in making the conference and expo an even greater success.”
As part of the partnership, Who’s Who is offering special conference and expo pricing. Log on http://www.blackenterprise.com/ec/ and register now to Black Enterprise Entrepreneurs Conference and save $200 with code WWP.