Kale salads are rich in nutrients, big on flavor and sure to satisfy. Check out this savory kale salad recipe that’s simple and delicious! Thanks Cooking Planit!
2 Tbsp.Fresh Lemon Juice
5 cups of Kale
¼ cup grated Parmesan Cheese
¼ cup Pine Nuts
Black Pepper & Kosher Salt To Taste
2 Tbsp. Balsamic Syrup
2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Separate the leaves of kale from the stems. Discard the stems. Shred the leaves into bite-size pieces to measure the indicated amount, and soak in a large bowl of cold water. Agitate the water to help release any dirt from the kale.
2. Lift the leaves out of the water and dry thoroughly. If there was a lot of grit left in the bowl, repeat the soaking process until water is clean. Place leaves in a large mixing bowl or serving bowl.
3. Squeeze lemon juice and drizzle olive oil over the kale. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Let the kale sit as you prepare the rest of the meal. The lemon juice will help tenderize the leaves as the kale sits.
4. Heat a small saute pan over medium heat.
5. Once pan is warm, add the pine nuts and toast until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes. Keep a close watch and shake pan often to prevent burning. Once toasted, transfer to a small dish to cool.
5. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese over the kale salad. Add the toasted pine nuts, and drizzle balsamic syrup over the top. Toss to combine.
6. Transfer the kale salad with Parmesan and balsamic syrup to salad bowls. Ready to eat!
Check out these recipes for turning your favorite guilty pleasure into a salad!