Who We Want To Win:
After we heard the Grammy nomination announcements, we called up our home boy Mack Wilds, who snagged a nod for his debut album “New York A Love Story” and were first to get his reaction to the ultimate music acknowledgment.
Mack told us he was in his hotel room in Richmond, VA. when he found out. “I didn’t know what to do. I was watching the nominations, not thinking I was going to be nominated. I had every doubt in my body, but there was a little spec of hope that I would. Then the label rep hit me and she said ‘You did it!’ and I was like ‘I did what?’ She said you were nominated and I said ‘f*ck you prove it!’ and she sent me the picture of the nomination. I literally said ‘Oh sh*t’ and text messages started coming.”
We’re rooting for Mack and few others. Sorry “Magna Carter Holy Grail,” but we’re rolling out with Compton kid Kendrick Lamar for “Album Of The Year” for his disc “ “good kid, m.A.A.d city” (share the wealth, Jay Z and Beyonce have a combined total of 40 Grammys between them).
Since we couldn’t stop singing “Love & War” until months after its release, we’re hoping our girl Tamar takes home the win for “Best R&B Song” for the number one hit.
A little eye candy never hurt, who wouldn’t want to see TGT accept the award for “Best R&B Album” for “Three Kings.” and flash those gorgeous smiles!
Check back for our Best & Worst Dressed gallery moments after the stars start to arrive! In the mean time, stroll through last year’s fashion:
The 55th Annual GRAMMY Awards: The Absolute Best (& Worst) Dressed
1. Beyonce in Osman Studio1 of 26
2. Kelly Rowland in Georges Chakra2 of 26
3. Jennifer Lopez in Anthony Vaccarello3 of 26
4. Erica Campbell from Mary Mary4 of 26
5. Estelle in a design she made herself5 of 26
6. Janelle Monae6 of 26
7. Rocsi Diaz7 of 26
8. Chris Brown8 of 26
9. Justin Timberlake9 of 26
10. Tamala Jones10 of 26
11. Ashanti in Tony Ward Couture11 of 26
12. Wiz Khalifa in Tom Ford & Amber Rose in Donna Karan12 of 26
13. 2 Chainz13 of 26
14. Ne-Yo in YSL14 of 26
15. Rihanna in Azzedine Alaia15 of 26
16. Elle Varner16 of 26
17. LL Cool J and Simone Johnson17 of 26
18. Solange Knowles18 of 26
19. Adele in Valentino19 of 26
20. Trey Songz in Moschino20 of 26
21. Esperanza Spalding21 of 26
22. Nelly22 of 26
23. Alicia Keys in Azzedine Alaia23 of 26
24. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend24 of 26
25. Tamia25 of 26
26. Katy Perry26 of 26
Set your DVR’s, this is going to be good!
Like HelloBeautiful on Facebook to stay on top of your favorite black celebrities: