During the month of December, the Atlanta Hawks will celebrate the NBA Cares Season of Giving with 12 days and ways of doing good throughout metro Atlanta, engaging owners, players, cheerleaders and mascots.
The Atlanta Hawks 12 Days of Giving includes the following:
· Trees to Military: The Atlanta Hawks are collaborating with WXIA’s Random Acts of Kindness to distribute 88 Christmas trees to military families on Dec. 3, a nod to Kyle Korver’s current 88-game streak of games with a three-pointer, just two shy of setting an NBA record.
· Cheerleader Clinic: On Tuesday, December 3 from 4:00-5:00pm, the Atlanta Hawks cheerleaders will hold a fitness clinic for 30 students from Coretta Scott King Young Women’s Leadership Academy as part of the school’s Fit Tuesday activity. The clinic will include lessons on proper nutrition, exercise and self-esteem.
· Can-A-Thon: On Friday, December 6 from 7:30-8:30am in conjunction with WXIA-TV and V-103 radio, Harry the Hawk and Atlanta Hawks cheerleaders will donate canned goods courtesy of Levy Cares along with vouchers for an upcoming home game to individuals who donate items to the drive.
· Family Wishes: In partnership with HOPE Atlanta, Atlanta Hawks players and owners will make holiday wishes come true for nine (9) families in metro Atlanta during seven (7) home games in December including December 4 (Clippers), December 6 (Cavaliers), December 10 (OKC), December 13 (Washington), December 16 (Lakers), December 18 (Sacramento) and December 20 (Utah). Elton Brand, DeMarre Carroll, Kyle Korver and Dennis Schröder along with Atlanta Hawks Managing Partner and NBA Governor, Bruce Levenson, will participate in the December 16 holiday wishes.
· Hospital Visit: On Thursday, December 19 from 3:00-4:00pm, Atlanta Hawks players Pero Antic, John Jenkins, Shelvin Mack, Paul Millsap and Jeff Teague, along with General Manager Danny Ferry, Santa Harry and Hawks cheerleaders will visit Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite to participate in arts and crafts and distribute gifts to children in the hospital for the holidays.
· Senior Fit Clinic: Atlanta Hawks players Gustavo Ayon, Al Horford, Cartier Martin, Mike Scott and Lou Williams will host an NBA Fit/Early Bird clinic at the practice court for senior citizens from Quality Living Services on December 21 from 1:30-2:30pm.
The NBA Season of Giving encourages teams and players from around the league to participate in charitable events in their own communities in an effort to brighten the holidays for thousands of children and families across the country.