The Urban League of Greater Atlanta recently announced its Equal Opportunity Day Dinner and Gala 2013 distinquished roster of honorees.
Those to be feted include Georgia Congressman John Lewis and Chick-fil-A President & COO Dan T. Cathy. The 52nd Annual EOD Gala will take place at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis Hotel Atrium Ballroom, on Nov. 16 at 7 pm with Angela Burt-Murray, Aspire TV Show ” Exhale” Co-Host and Former Essence Magazine Editor-In –Chief, as host.
“With the theme Celebrating Champions of Justice and Equality we are pleased to celebrate the work of some of the outstanding business , government. legal and community luminaries who have committed their energy to ensuring economic empowerment of urban communities and families,” said Nancy Flake Johnson, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta.
The Equal Opportunity Day Dinner and Gala recognizes corporations, organizations and individuals who champion equal opportunities for African-Americans and others in underserved communities.
The EOD Dinner and Gala also will honor:
• Sally Yates, U.S. Attorney for the Northern District: Champion of Justice Award
• The Coca Cola Company: Champion Program Partner Award
• Helen Butler, executive director, Georgia Coalition for the Peoples Agenda: Champion for Civic Engagement Award
• Daryl Parks and Benjamin Crump, attorneys for The Trayvon Martin Family: Emerging Leaders of Justice And Equality Award
• EOD Auxilaries Volunteer Champion Award: Sabrina Matthews, ULGA Guild Volunteer of The Year and Immanuel Kofi Gyebi, ULGA Young Professional Volunteer of the Year.
Entertainment will be provided by the Gary Harris Band, with dancing at 9 p.m. Tickets are $150 for members and $200 for nonmembers.
For table reservations, sponsorship and individual tickets please contact Dottie Johnson at 404-659-6580 or visit: http:/ulgatl.org/52eod.
Founded in 1920, The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is a civil rights organization dedicated to economic empowerment. For 93 years, the mission of the Urban League of Greater Atlanta has been to empower communities and change lives by enabling African Americans and others to achieve their highest human potential and secure economic self-reliance, parity, power and civil rights.
The Urban League of Greater Atlanta is one of 97 affiliates in 36 states and the District of Columbia.
For more information, call 404-659-1150 or visit the website: http://www.ulgatl.org.