Katherine A. Igah, M.D. wants to drive and expand a “Returning To Nature” movement in Metro Atlanta and she is beginning by hosting a Holistic Health Expo.
The free event is set to occur on Saturday, June 29th, from noon to 4 p.m. at Life Grocery & Café, 1453 Roswell Rd. Marietta, GA, 30062. It was created to “bring awareness to holistic (mind, body & spirit) wellness, and natural healing methods,” Igah says. “My end-goal is to transform the current state of our country’s health care system, as well as the severe dependence on pharmaceutical medications.”
Two key terms are associated with Holistic health, she notes. The first is “Natural Healing” — mechanisms of curing illness/disease without the use of pharmaceutical drugs and synthetic agents with side effects. Natural healing generally favors an intuitive and conception of the body. Prevention through stress reduction and a healthy diet and lifestyle is heavily emphasized.
The second is “Holistic Wellness”: A complete/comprehensive approach to the current state of your health, with a focus on mind, body and spirit balance. Addressing the root or causative agent of an illness, rather than simply prescribing medications to treat the symptoms of it (which actually in turn masks the underlying cause of the disease leading to a vicious disease cycle).
The Core Values, she says, are:
1. Doing no harm and providing the most effective health care available with the least risk to patients at all times.
2. Recognizing, respecting and promoting the self-healing power of nature inherent in each individual human being.
3. Identifying and removing the causes of illness, rather than eliminating or suppressing symptoms.
4. Educating, inspiring rational hope and encouraging self-responsibility for health.
5. Treating each person by considering all individual health factors and influences. (I.e. Treat the Whole Person).
6. Emphasizing the condition of health to promote well-being and to prevent diseases for the individual, each community and our world.
For more information visit http://www.returning2nature.com