Congressman David Scott will host an awards ceremony to honor all participating students in his 11th Annual Congressional High School Art Competition.
The reception will be held Saturday, March 16 at 10 a.m. at the Arts Clayton Gallery, located at 136 South Main Street, Jonesboro, GA 30236. The public is invited to support area students and view the extraordinary exhibit of 80 student entries.
To date, Scott has awarded more than $300,000 in scholarships to local student artists. This year’s top five winners will receive the following awards:
• First Place – $10,000 or $3,000 per year scholarship and artwork will hang in the U.S. Capitol for one year;
• Second Place – $5,000 scholarship and artwork will hang in Congressman Scott’s Washington office for one year;
• Third Place – $2,500 scholarship and artwork will hang in a prominent public gallery;
• Fourth Place – $500 scholarship and artwork will hang in Scott’s Jonesboro office for one year; and
• Fifth Place – artwork will hang in Scott’s Smyrna office for one year.