A Jingle Jolly Handbell Concert featuring handbell choirs of Antioch A.M.E Church, Ebenezer Baptist Church, Friendship Baptist Church and Greater Travelers Rest Baptist Church will be held Sunday, December 16, 2012 at 4:00 p.m. The event ring in the holidays at the Fine Arts Department, Marvin Cole Auditorium, on the Clarkston campus of Georgia Perimeter College.
The children and youth of Zion Hill Baptist Church invite you to their Annual Christmas Program, Sunday, December 9, at 5 p.m. You’ll marvel at the beautiful pageantry and seasonal music performed by the children as they present “The Reason Why We Celebrate”. Come and join in this festive advent celebration of the birth of Jesus The Christ….the reason for the season. Zion Hill is located at 6175 Campbellton Road, SW, Atlanta…where Dr. Aaron L. Parker is pastor and members are “Living to Love and Loving to Serve.” Get details at www.zionhill.org.
Christmas is the most celebrated and anticipated religious holiday in the U.S. This year, Cascade United Methodist Church hosts a Live Drive-Thru Nativity, Friday, December 7 from 7-9:30pm, and Saturday, December 8, 2012 from 6 – 9pm. The nativity will feature live animals and actors who will bring to life the story of Jesus’ birth. The free event is being offered as a way to share the true meaning of Christmas—a priceless message for residents facing economic hardship. The Nativity will feature five (5) distinctive scenes:
1. SCENE I: Features Mary and the Angel, Gabriel. Gabriel is telling Mary he has been sent to let her know she has been chosen to bear a child—God’s Son.
2. SCENE II: Features Mary and Joseph, who go on a journey, along with their donkey, to Bethlehem to pay a special tax. Unfortunately, when they arrive, many other citizens are there to do the same. They receive the same response everywhere they go, “There is no room in the inn.”
3. SCENE III: Features angels and shepherds with goats and sheep, “watching over their flock by night.” An angel appears saying, “Be not afraid.”
4. SCENE IV: Features the three (3) wise men and a camel, which are far in the East when they see “a shining light” indicating that a great ruler has been born!
5. Scene V: Features Baby Jesus in the Manger. Shepherds, wise men, townspeople, angels, and dancers come to see the new born King. The prophecy is fulfilled and the “weary world rejoices.”
The Reverend William D. Watley and the Saint Philip AME Church Music Department invite you to the 28th Annual Joyful Noise for Toys Christmas Musical on Sunday, December 9, 2012, at 5:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary Choir, Choir #1, the Youth Choir, and the Holy Dance Ministry will be featured. Concert to provide toys for underprivileged children. Please bring an unwrapped new toy. Saint Philip is located on the corner of Candler and Memorial Drive at 240 Candler Road, SE in Atlanta, Georgia 30317. For more information, please call (404) 371-0749 or visit our website at www.saintphilip.org.