Ashli McLean, a 2011 graduate of Hampton University, has penned a book that combines faith, determination and advice for students looking for college scholarships.
Her recently published book “,” details her experience of winning more than $100,000 in scholarships “while having faith that God would continue to meet the financial needs for her college education,” she said.
Along with personal testimony, the book is a compilation of academic advice from high school and college counselors, scriptural references and self-help principles. She provides readers with:
• An understanding of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), scholarships, grants and other sources of financial aid
• Key principles of winning college scholarships
• Scholarship resources & listings
• How to write the winning scholarship essay
• Academic and extracurricular factors associated with winning scholarships
• Money wisdom for college planning
• Special information for parents
The book is available for purchase on at www.100kdollarsandcounting.blogspot.com. It is also available at online retailers like Amazon and Barnes & Noble, as well as in select bookstores.