News Briefs

County Vice-Chair Appointed To Serve On Steering Comm. Of NaCo

Recently, Chris Rodgers, President of the National Association of Counties confirmed the appointment of Commissioner Emma I. Darnell to serve on the Transportation Steering Committee of the National Association of Counties. In this role, Commissioner Darnell will help develop NaCo policy and assist with achieving those policy goals. Commissioner Darnell will serve as a liaison for NaCo with the Georgia Congressional delegation ensuring that needs of local governments are advocated on the federal and national level. As Transportation continues to take the spotlight as one of the key issues in the metropolitan Atlanta region and the state, Commissioner Darnell’s appointment to the NaCo Transportation Steering Committee is timely and important. NACo is headquartered on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.

AJC Interns Sought

The Atlanta Journal Constitution is looking for interns for the summer of 2013. You must be a rising junior, senior or graduate student and you must have worked on the campus newspaper or website. The internships are for students interested in careers as a reporter, database specialist or interactive producer. Interns are treated as full-time professional journalists. Those interested should write a short note explaining how the internship can help with your career goals, whether you’re interested in the reporting, database or producer position, three links or PDFs of your best work, a resume and two references with their contact information. The deadline to apply is NOV. 2. Send the information to ajcinterns@gmail.com.

AABJ Next Meeting

The next meeting of the Atlanta Association of Black Journalists will take place Tuesday, October 9, at 6:30 p.m. Join AABJ at Georgia Power, 241 Ralph McGill Blvd., S.E. Enjoy the benefits of AABJ membership.

About Post Author

Comments

From the Web

Verified by MonsterInsights