Associated Press Executive Editor Kathleen Carroll will conduct on Monday, Oct. 1, 4 p.m. at Emory University in the Jones Room, Woodruff Library, a Free talk: “Dateline Pyongyang: The Associated Press and the Opening of North Korea.” The AP text and photo bureau opened inside the state-run Korean Central News Agency headquarters in January, just one month after the death of North Korea’s longtime ruler Kim Jong Il. The first international news organization with a full-time presence in North Korea, the AP had previously opened a video bureau in Pyongyang in 2006. A question-and-answer session will follow. Guest should register to attend at http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp. Parking is available in the Fisburne Deck at 1672 North Decatur Rd.
- 'Scandal' Gets More Scandalous, Dangerous and Outrageous
- Lindsay Lohan’s Antics Annoy Oprah To The Point Of Cussing [VIDEO]
- President Obama & The First Lady Are Bringing More Soul To The White House
- Homeless Man Tricked Into Thinking He Won The Lottery [VIDEO]
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance on ‘The Arsenio Hall Show’ [VIDEO]