Associated Press Executive Editor Kathleen Carroll will conduct on Monday, Oct. 1, 4 p.m. at Emory University in the Jones Room, Woodruff Library, a Free talk: “Dateline Pyongyang: The Associated Press and the Opening of North Korea.” The AP text and photo bureau opened inside the state-run Korean Central News Agency headquarters in January, just one month after the death of North Korea’s longtime ruler Kim Jong Il. The first international news organization with a full-time presence in North Korea, the AP had previously opened a video bureau in Pyongyang in 2006. A question-and-answer session will follow. Guest should register to attend at http://eventactions.com/ea.aspx?ea=Rsvp. Parking is available in the Fisburne Deck at 1672 North Decatur Rd.
- Congrats! ‘LHHATL’ Lovebirds Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Secretly Eloped
- You Be The Judge: Michael Jackson Hologram At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Why are law enforcement officials out of control?!?
- Diddy, Kevin Hart, Drake, Lupita, others celebrate Memorial Day weekend
- Jay Z and Beyonce 'Run' with Sean Penn and Blake Lively