Cast members of the world premiere comedy “Sheddin” are all smiles after a performance at the Horizon Theatre in Little Five Points. The play attracted a full house last weekend and runs through Sunday, Aug. 19, at 5 p.m. A spin off of hip-hop and old school traditions, the play communicates across generations and pursues dreams and values of the community. The play by director and actor Thomas W. Jones II, who has been at Horizon for the past nine years, is powerful and filled with humor and charm that makes the adult comedy a “must see.” Posing for the camera are Francesca McKenzie (E’Boa), from left, Enoch King (Trane), Laparee Young (Otis), Tom Jones II (Walt), and Donna Biscoe (Ruthie). Not shown is E. Roger Mitchell, who plays Moses. The play is directed by Bruce A. Young. The Horizon Theatre, in its 28th season, is located at the corner of Euclid and Austin avenues. The play runs Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays at 8 p.m., Saturdays at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m., and Sundays at 5 p.m. For tickets call 404-584-7450 or visit horizontheatre.com.
- 'Scandal' Gets More Scandalous, Dangerous and Outrageous
- Lindsay Lohan’s Antics Annoy Oprah To The Point Of Cussing [VIDEO]
- President Obama & The First Lady Are Bringing More Soul To The White House
- Homeless Man Tricked Into Thinking He Won The Lottery [VIDEO]
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance on ‘The Arsenio Hall Show’ [VIDEO]