Local tennis standout Donald Young was among four Americans slated to play singles in the 2012 Olympics in London who participated in Atlanta’s BB&T Tennis Tournament at Atlantic Station on July 16. Young was upset by Steve Johnson 3-6, 6-3, 3-6. Johnson led USC to a fourth consecutive NCAA championship in May, while Young is recognized as the youngest player ever to hold the No. 1 spot in junior rankings, and the youngest ever to capture a junior grand slam title – the Australian Open at age 15. Ryan Harrison, John Isner and Andy Roddick also chose the Atlanta tournament as a prelude to the Olympic tennis competition which begins July 28.
- Congrats! ‘LHHATL’ Lovebirds Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Secretly Eloped
- You Be The Judge: Michael Jackson Hologram At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Why are law enforcement officials out of control?!?
- Diddy, Kevin Hart, Drake, Lupita, others celebrate Memorial Day weekend
- Jay Z and Beyonce 'Run' with Sean Penn and Blake Lively