Gabby Douglas (left) may be a favorite for Olympic gold after having an exceptional performance during the gymnastics trials in San Jose, Calif., recently. Douglas, of Virginia Beach, Va., became the first African American to make the women’s team since Dominique Dawes had her first of three qualifying trials in 1992. John Orozco (right), from Brooklyn, N.Y., was edged out by Danell Leyva in the men’s gymnastics trials by a mere point to take second place overall and automatically qualified for the U.S. team.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month