The Atlanta City Council honored Dr. Robert M. Franklin, president of Morehouse College, on Monday, June 4, for his many accomplishments during his tenure at the 145-year-old educational institution. Joined by Mayor Kasim Reed and several dignitaries from the civic, academic and business community, Dr. Franklin was presented with a proclamation by Councilmember Michael Julian Bond and an official President’s Award from Council President Ceasar C. Mitchell. Dr. Franklin—the college’s 10th president—announced in February that he will depart Morehouse at the end of his current term to pursue teaching, writing, and research opportunities. Joining the honoree are: City Council President Ceasar Mitchell (from left); City Councilmember Michael Julian Bond; Morehouse College President Dr. Robert Franklin; the Rev. C.T. Vivian, interim SCLC president; and City Councilmembers Keisha Lance Bottoms and H. Lamar Willis. (Special Photo )
- Congrats! ‘LHHATL’ Lovebirds Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Secretly Eloped
- You Be The Judge: Michael Jackson Hologram At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Why are law enforcement officials out of control?!?
- Diddy, Kevin Hart, Drake, Lupita, others celebrate Memorial Day weekend
- Jay Z and Beyonce 'Run' with Sean Penn and Blake Lively