Local students acknowledge the meaning of the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation by President Abraham Lincoln at the Atlanta Branch NAACP annual Jubilee Day celebration at Friendship Baptist Church, Monday, Jan. 2. The students also presented medals to the Foot Soldiers For Freedom that the NAACP honored for their contributions “in the trenches and/or served as warriors through the news media.” Hundreds attended the annual celebration, where keynote speaker Rev. Judge Penny Brown Reynolds spoke on the subject, “Yet We Forget.” The event also honored community leader Ozell Sutton, former national president of Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity, for his leadership and vision in raising money for the new MLK Memorial on the Mall in Washington, D.C.
- 'Scandal' Gets More Scandalous, Dangerous and Outrageous
- Lindsay Lohan’s Antics Annoy Oprah To The Point Of Cussing [VIDEO]
- President Obama & The First Lady Are Bringing More Soul To The White House
- Homeless Man Tricked Into Thinking He Won The Lottery [VIDEO]
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance on ‘The Arsenio Hall Show’ [VIDEO]