Kirk Franklin attracted a packed crowd recently at the Fox Theatre where he enjoyed mostly a young crowd that sang his songs, waved their hands and couldn’t sit still for the legendary music icon. The seven-time Grammy-winning Contemporary Gospel superstar was here Friday, Nov. 11, to introduce his 12th and latest CD “Hello Fear,” which debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Gospel sales chart and #5 on the Billboard Top-200, making it the fourth-highest gospel debut in Soundscan history. Included on the energetic show with Franklin were special guests BET winner Amber Bullock; Isaac Carree; and Verity Recording artists Deon Kipping and Jason Nelson. Host of BET’s Sunday Best and author of New York Times Bestseller “The Blueprint: A Plan for Living Above Life’s Storms,” Franklin’s popular hit single “I Smile,” which he sang at the end of the show, went over well with the lively Fox audience.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month