At an awards dinner on Oct. 27, the Atlanta chapter of the American Institute of Architecture (AIA) announced the establishment of an annual award named for Atlanta City Councilman Kwanza Hall. The objective of the AIA Kwanza Hall Award is to recognize and encourage individual leadership in architecture and design by all members of society and to reflect the increasingly important role that design plays in our lives and communities. Shown are Councilman Kwanza Hall (left) and AIA Atlanta Chapter President Robert Farrow, who presented Hall with the award. The honor marks the second recently for Councilman Hall. On Oct. 20, he earned a place on the list of the 100 Most Influential Atlantans as selected by the editorial staff of the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month