Local gospel radio/TV personality Reggie Gay (left), and gospel singer Dottie Peoples participate in the 17th Annual Gospel Choice Awards on Sept. 26 at the Georgia World Congress Center. Gay, one of the most recognized gospel disc jockeys in America, received the Lifetime Achievement Award. Peoples, a three-time Grammy Award nominee and multiple Stellar and Dove Award winner, received the Thomas Dorsey Award. She is an entrepreneur and label head with Atlanta-based DP Muzik Group, which has become the home of her recordings, including “Do It,” the label’s debut CD. Creed W. Pannell Jr., CEO, publisher and author, is the creator of the Gospel Choice Awards. The 2011 theme was “Gospel Music Today is Gospel Growth Tomorrow.” (Photo By Willie E. Tucker Jr./WET Media Inc.)
- Congrats! ‘LHHATL’ Lovebirds Waka Flocka And Tammy Rivera Secretly Eloped
- You Be The Judge: Michael Jackson Hologram At Billboard Music Awards [VIDEO]
- Why are law enforcement officials out of control?!?
- Diddy, Kevin Hart, Drake, Lupita, others celebrate Memorial Day weekend
- Jay Z and Beyonce 'Run' with Sean Penn and Blake Lively