Sylvia Reed, mother of Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and honorary host committee chair for the fundraising event for the Youth Ensemble of Atlanta, presents the city’s highest honor – The Phoenix Award – to actor/director Kim Fields on Aug. 6 at the Rialto Center for the Arts at Georgia State University. “A Taste of YEA” paid special tribute to Fields during the performance by the organization, which is the city’s premier African-American youth theatre company.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month