Susan L. Taylor (second from left), founder of the National CARES mentoring movement and editor-in-chief emerita of Essence magazine, joins her Atlanta CARES family for a “Brunch and Blessings” program at Paschal’s on June 12. With her are Edith A. Love (from left), director of development and operations, Atlanta CARES; hosts Herman and Sylvia Russell; and featured speaker John Hope Bryant, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of Operation HOPE, a nonprofit that promotes financial literacy and social investment.
- Funkmaster Flex loses his mind, calls out Jay Z
- 13 facts that will blow your mind about Whitney Houston
- Happy Birthday, baby girl: Aaliyah’s 10 greatest songs
- #BlackLivesMatter holds sing-in for M.L.K.’s birthday [VIDEO]
- Gwyneth Paltrow performs ‘IDFWU’ … and it’s hilarious
- Watch Spike Lee’s new movie before it hits theaters next month